Thursday, March 22, 2007

The final coutdown

I'm into my final two weeks of this great trip. Its a strange concept that I will be heading back to Australia soon, where I will have to go back to work. I think that is the worst part of it, the going back to work. This non-working lifestyle is perfect for me. I can go whee I want, when I want for as long as I want. I've had no responsibilities and been totally care free. Why would we want to live any other way? But of course to do that I would need someone understanding partner by my side who loves to work, and works hard to earn the money required to keep me in the lifestyle I have become accustomed to over the best part of the last year.

I have been telling myself that I need to do a practice run in packing my luggage. I came way with a monstrous bag filled to the brim with clothes telling myself that to save money I will bring everything I need so that I didn't have to spend precious cash buying stuff I already had. Absolutely no will power. I shopped and I bought and now I'm packing boxes to ship unnecessaries back to mum and dads for collection later after I get home.

One of the things I was going to do during my time here was to find myself a job, a career change of sorts. Not permanant, but something to give me an experience that I could use at home. But I don't think I needed a job for that. This whole thing has been the experience that I was in search of. The people, the places, the the the the everything. I am more confident within myself, I dont need someone there to lead the way, I can approach an unfamiliar situation and know that I can handle it. I feel good about myself and that people are genuinely happy to see me.

William took me to the Eagle for beer bust on Sunday. I always wanted to go and finally here is my chance. I presumed there would be a bunch of hairy bears, but it wasn't that at all. I actually liked it it and would definately go back again. We didn't stay for too long, we left to go and see the movie 300.

But now I sit and I stare around my bedroom at Williams place. It looks like a bomb has gone off as there is just clothes and belongings of mine everywhere as I try to sort myself out. I dont want to go home, I now feel at home.

Sunday beer bust @ The Eagle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home